Wednesday, December 3, 2008

first blog on my mac book:)

yeah! i got a new computer... that i'll be paying off for the next year... yippee! i must say the mac is very easy to navigate, efficient, and beautiful. oh and the 'greenest' computer on the planet. go me for saving the earth. all in a days work...
this is just a quick post so i can get back in the hang of things. i am so blessed. i have some pretty amazing 'in-laws.' because of brett's tragic accident, the crappy economy and only being able to see our families once, maybe twice a year, i've been quite grumpy. understandably so, right? unfortunately i'm taking it out on brettro. poor guy sits at home all day/every day, thinking. he's mobile now but tires easily and doesn't have a car at this time. so we've been at each others throats as of late. he's been planning to get home to gain some perspective, but california has us in shackles and chains with this whole registration ordeal.  anyway, it had pretty much been determined that i would not be able to get home until january thanks to being broke... until yesterday. brett's family is actually going to fly us home for the holidays!!! after some swift rearranging of my schedule, i'll get to be home for a week, including christmas eve (the big celebration night on his mom's side)! 
i'm pretty sure everyone will make it home this year, even the riley side from my understanding. it's so great to be surrounded by friends and family during the holidays. actually, every day that i am able to hang out with my family and friends i feel thankful. 
my mom is sad because i won't be staying at her house, but i was just there in september and saw everyone. weather permitting my mom will be able to get down to kansas for a couple of days to hang out with me. now i'm sure once we return to LA from kansas, we'll be rethinking the whole move back secondary to the weather... but i'll have to revisit my old blogs to remind me how much i really want to be home. 
so a quick shout out to the rileys, a huge thank you and big hug! see you all very soon!

2 comments:

lucinda! said...

yay!! well, a couple of yays! 1 for your new mac book. i have heard that its hard for pc users to get used to macs, but you have proved me wrong. and 2 for having awesome family! and 3 for getting to be with said family for the holidays.

Kaitlyn said...

I <3 Mac's...good work, China! I miss you! COME HERE AND VISIT US!