Monday, January 19, 2009

just another day... just another day

today i experienced something new! not exciting, just weird. i applied for a larger life insurance policy at work, because of brett's accident, i've learned how fragile life is and don't want to think about my family struggling if some moron in a mustang takes my life. so anyway, they send a person to your house to take your blood pressure, draw your blood, weigh you, measure you and finally, get a urine sample. 
it all started when this little asian man calls early this morning. brett answered and basically he just reminded him that he would be at our apartment around 4pm, and to tell me to fast. not hard considering i worked the night before and my daily routine is to sleep. when i woke
 up this afternoon brett was gone and had forgotten to tell me to fast, but water was ok. so i was parched, but whatev. 
anyway, the guy gets here at around 4:15. he'd already been instructed to dial '011' at the intercom box and i would buzz him in. instead, my phone rings from some one's cell. 
conversation: 
me: "hello?"
him: "hello CHayna? i'm outside and i can't get in. it says no dial tone under your name."
me: "you just need to dial 011 and i'll buzz you in."
him: "no, it says no dial tone."
me: "fine... i'll come let you in."
i walk down to the front door and he's trying to climb inside the intercom system. i swear. i was like, dial 011. and he did. and it said "dialing!" i said, 'see.'
then we proceeded to walk to my apartment where he called me CHayna about six times in 10 seconds. 
boring boring boring... and then...
while getting my blood drawn at my dining room table is weird, it was the urine sample that left an imprint in my head. he hands me this plastic specimen cup which i am oh so familiar with, and two plastic vials that i am not so familiar with. so he instructs me what to do. i enter the bathroom (no, brett, he didn't follow me in there to watch) and proceed to squeeze out the little bit of urine i'm able to make all over my hand, and some in the cup. ew. and i put it in the vials, blah blah blah. washed my hands really well and hand
ed it back to him. he wasn't wearing gloves. gross. i'm sure i spilled piss on those vials. that and they were filled with piss. am i the only one who finds this disturbing? 
that's the only eventful thing that happened today. 
on the eve of inauguration, which i am really excited for. good-bye bush! happy mlk day! & finally, a quote from a KU student, 'barack chalk jayhawk! ku!" 
*i tried uploading an image here but it's way too slow... 
** and yes i wanted you to think this blog was a little gross. a little quirky. a little chayna:)

No comments: