Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ten Months


I've been too lazy to add photos to these because we have so many pictures and I didn't feel like going through them all.... Then our computer charger broke and we had to get a new one, so I'm a bit behind. And now that I've waited so long, I'm likely putting the wrong photos on the wrong month... it is what it is! It's hard to be full time mommy, full time nurse and master historian!


One of my Favorite photos!

Ten months! Oh no! Now we're counting down to one year.  I'm happy-sad about this milestone.  It is flying by.  Oh my little baby is growing ...

Feeding: Well, I've created a fruit monster! She was doing 'well' on vegetables but having a lot of irregularity issues, so I started giving her oatmeal with fruit for brunch every morning.  When I tried to give her veggies again, she was super dramatic and gagged a bunch.  It's a work in progress.  She's still getting breastmilk only, with a tiny bit of water when she will drink it.  I hope she opens her mind soon, because I plan to be done breastfeeding when she's a year.  At least during the day because I'm pretty much over pumping at work.  I won't mind morning and night, especially since its part of her bedtime routine.  Not sure how to overcome that change.  


Sleeping:  She's still a great sleeper.  She's also a still a little thrown off by the whole day light savings thing.  A lot of times when I come home from work, she's already asleep.  Since she hasn't eaten since 6ish, I wake her up, feed her, and put her back down.  (Not really sure if that's a great plan, but I want to see her and I'm afraid she will wake up at 2am!)  She wakes up between 4-6am, comes into our bed to eat and now prefers to go back to her bed to sleep until 7 or 8.  She sweats like crazy in our bed and I'm not sure why, but is fine in her crib.  
She still naps three times a day, usually 1-2 hours.  This week she did one nap for more than 3 hours, but she got up early that day.  She also naps in her crib.  She's such a big girl! We did have to drop the crib mattress because she was starting to pull herself up using her bumper pads.  Now she just tries to eat them ;)

Stats:  Brett and I just weighed her last night, she's still about 17.5lbs.  She's a little peanut.  At her nine month check up, her weight was 35th percentile, height was 25th, and head was 90TH.  Yes, you read that right.  It's a Riley thing.  The doctor said she's been growing at the same rate since birth, so he's not concerned with her noggin being so big, LOL! Looking back at her baby pictures, I now see her head was pretty big for her body then, too.    

Milestones:  Veda is so manipulative! She has her daddy wrapped, I'm telling you! Maybe me a little, too, but definitely daddy! She can scoot all across the room, but if she's feeling lazy she'll whine until you either bring her what she wants, or pick her up.  It's out of control! She can't crawl on all fours yet, once her butt is in the air, her head falls down! She's just a scooter.  I was a little concerned since she's already ten months, but I called my mother-in-law and it turns out Brett crawled (a real crawl) at 10.5 months, the day before he walked.  So, once again, she is her father! My mother-in-law also asked me, "How do you expect her to crawl with such a big head?!" Haha, good point!
She can pretty much pull herself up onto furniture but doesn't really know she can.  She has no idea her mobility possibilities, for which I'm grateful!  She is attracted to cords though, so more baby proofing must be done!
She got 3 new teeth this month, bringing her to 5! She got two uppers and another left lower.  She still has yet to bite me, thank God!


Likes/Dislikes:  She likes to play and play! Daddy is her jungle-gym! She chews on anything she can get ahold of.  She really like remote controls and cell phones.
She rolls all around during diaper change and really hates to have her diaper changed at all.  (She had her first diaper rash this month.)  She doesn't like to be alone in a room, unless there's a cute little girl in the mirror to keep her company.
Pebbles & Bam Bam (Veda & Henry)
Last Minute costumes for Mommy & Daddy
"Modern Day Flintstones"

Adventures: We attempted to go to an Oktoberfest in downtown Burbank, but it was a major bust.  So we went to dinner with a friend instead.  
Veda was in her first short film, "Life Grows On."  You can look it up on Facebook for now, it's not finished with production yet, but that's so exciting!! Daddy even had to fill out SAG info for her!
Uncle Matt came to visit for a week! Veda loves him and can't wait to see him again :)
Mommy got some adult time with a friend and went to the Hollywood Bowl to see the Zack Brown Band! The next day we went to a Flea Market in downtown LA and scored some fun finds, even a Christmas present!
I'm sure we did more, but I'm still suffering from baby brain. 

Me & my super white baby ;)
Dinner at the Yard House after the Flea Market

Looking forward to:  
Mommy is going to get her vision back! I booked my appointment for LASIK! YES!!! I've been waiting for this for years and am so, so, SO excited!!!

And here is our monthly photo in our 12 month old outfit, it's going to fit one of these days :(


No comments: