Thursday, September 6, 2012

18 weeks & baby Riley is a...


Today we had our second trimester screening and found out that our little nugget is a girl! I am definitely surprised! I went back and forth between what I thought our baby was. Initially I thought boy, probably because I thought that's really what Brett wanted.  Then during the first trimester we had an ultrasound and baby girl was not cooperating, but the doctor guessed girl based on the angle of her perineum. How accurate could that be?! But I rolled with it and thought girl.  Then we saw our obstetrician, who thought maybe he could see something that resembled boy. So like I said, I've been back and forth, and honestly didn't/don't care as long as our little one is healthy! But today it was confirmed that 'it' is indeed a SHE!

We are beyond thrilled! I think Brett might be just a little nervous about the thought of having a little girl! Over lunch I could see his wheels turning! I'm sure having our first born be a boy would be much easier on him, but I'm sure she'll be daddy's girl and have him wrapped around her little finger in no time! 



HOW FAR ALONG?:  18 weeks

TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN?: According to my scale, about 2.5 pounds. According to my clothes... I need some maternity clothing, STAT!

STRETCH MARKS?:  I hope never to see these beautiful things ;)

SLEEP?:  My sleep has still been pretty good. I'm back to working (nights) so I'm getting about 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Sometimes there's on interruption to pee but if I'm really tired, I find myself waking up in the same position I went to bed in.   

BEST MOMENT/S THIS WEEK?:  Getting to see our little peanut on the big screen! It's always so nice and reassuring to see the baby and hear the heartbeat. Also, watching Brett's reaction melts my heart a little bit each time :) He's going to be the best daddy on the planet! 

WORST MOMENT THIS WEEK?:  No real 'worst' moment this week. I was busy as heck on Tuesday at work which made for a very tired prego with hurting feet, but that's the life I live. 

MISS ANYTHING?:  Wine, craft beer and sushi. I have a feeling this answer will never change. 

MOVEMENT?:  Baby is moving, but I'm still not feeling it. I think it will be soon :)

FOOD CRAVINGS?:  Still no cravings. Am I really pregnant? 

LABOR SIGNS?:  No and hopefully not for a very long time. 

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?:  I've been generally happy. I get kind of bored, especially when I'm working night shift and most people are sleeping when I'm awake. I need a new hobby. I'm not sure if this is a symptom, I haven't read that it is, but for some reason my hair has been having issues where it looks greasy all the time. I could have just washed and blow dried it and it still looks greasy. Sexy! I didn't change my shampoo/conditioner recently so I don't know what else to blame it on but I hope it doesn't stay like this too much longer!

BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?:  In. And I'm happy to report I removed the belly button ring and nothing crazy happened and it doesn't look like a big gaping hole... yet! 

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: On.

LOOKING FORWARD TO...?:  Brett has some new and exciting things going on with his career so I'm happy about that. Just looking forward to the next few months and soaking up the good, the bad and the ugly of pregnancy :) 

PS Our friends Kaitlyn & Eric welcomed a healthy baby boy yesterday! So exciting!!!

And finally, I can't leave Brett out.  I think he might be a little jealous, so here is his pregnancy photo ;) 



No comments: