Friday, September 28, 2012

21 weeks

I wanted this little girl to think I had some sense of style. But lets be honest, I wear scrubs 45% of the time, sweats 20% and whatever is left I actually shower and get dressed. So the new maternity clothes came off, scrubs went on and back to work I go!

HOW FAR ALONG?:  21 weeks, I can't believe we're halfway! But I also can't believe I'm only halfway! I feel like this second half will fly with holidays and whatnot right around the corner. 

TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN?: I stepped on the scale Tuesday and I've gained 7 pounds. Then again, we did have a potluck at work last night, so maybe 17 pounds!

STRETCH MARKS?:  I hope never to see these beautiful things ;) I started pouring cocoa butter all over the parts that may stretch, so hopefully that will help.  Honestly though, I'm just relying on good genes!

SLEEP?:  At least 8 hours a day!

BEST MOMENT/S THIS WEEK?: I completely forgot to mention last week what my ACTUAL best moment was... After a lot of hard work, Brett finally managed to get us a copy of our proposal!!! So we now have a DVD to keep forever and ever and we've already watched it multiple times and I still cry :D

WORST MOMENT THIS WEEK?:  Last night at work! I was just busy and my legs were aching and tired this morning. If that's the worst thing this week, I'm ok with it!  

MISS ANYTHING?: Sushi. I did not realize I loved sushi so much until I got pregnant. My doc actually said I could eat it, but I'm just not sure. I feel like if I have it once, I'll want it weekly. Thoughts?

MOVEMENT?:  A little bit more often. I'm able to feel her moving around in there every couple of hours, if I'm not running around. 

FOOD CRAVINGS?:  Fresh fruit and a lot of it! I'm also baking a lot, I'm not sure if that's because I want to eat it or I just feel like baking. Luckily, I have coworkers who are willing to help me finish these things so that I'm not eating an entire apple crisp, or cake or batch of cookies ;)

LABOR SIGNS?:  No and hopefully not for a very long time. 

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?: I never think I have symptoms, until I read "What to Expect When You're Expecting," and realize, oh yeah, I have some of those... but nothing terrible, thank God! No crazy/moody meltdowns this week ;)

BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?:  In.

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: On.

LOOKING FORWARD TO...?: We have another ultrasound coming up in a couple of weeks and then the Book of Mormon. Other than that, I'm just excited to see what these grandmas have been up to! Brett's mom is making our baby bedding because I didn't see anything that I loved, so she sent me a pic of fabric samples and I'm excited to see how it turns out. My mom is making her some clothes, which I know will be adorable! We have excited grandmas!!!

2 comments:

Kaitlyn Kambestad said...

Don't eat sushi. Just stay away from the things they tell you not to have - you're so close. You CAN have it when you breastfeed... The risk isn't worth it, in my humble opinion.

I WANT TO SEE YOUR PROPOSAL!!!!

Love you!

chayna rae said...

I feel the same way. I was actually researching diet restrictions while breastfeeding... When I found out I could basically eat anything, I told Brett he may, no will, have to go get me sushi on her birthday. :)
And when you move back to CA, or at least visit, we will gladly show you!! It actually turned out really good!! <3