Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I am so excited for what this year will bring, I'm sure it will be crazy and hectic and unpredictable, but totally and completely worth it! We cannot wait (well, actually I can wait a couple more weeks!) to meet our little girl and have our world turned upside down!
I can't move forward though, until I reflect on just how blessed we have been over the last year. 2012 was a very productive year for us (literally!).

* We got to go to Mexico to celebrate the marriage of our friend, my college roommate, Erica to her husband Justin. We stayed for five nights to get some R&R before our fast approaching wedding.


* In March we crammed all kinds of fun things into our lives. First, we moved to a more spacious apartment, had our bachelor/bachelorette parties, celebrated Brett's birthday and filmed his comedy special all while planning the final touches for our wedding.


* April 7, 2012 we said "I Do!" after seven years of dating. It has been the best day of my life to date! Everything went smoothly and we could not have asked for a better day. I am so lucky to have married my best friend and really could ask for nothing more. I love him more and more each day!


* The next week we honeymooned in Breckenridge, Colorado! We got to ski on probably the last possible week to do so. We stayed in Brett's family's cabin and really just relaxed. There happened to be a beer fest that weekend, so of course we had to participate! It was fun, but quite cold!! On our way back to California, we had brunch with some of my Colorado family and his aunt and uncle.


* In May, I turned 29, but more importantly... we conceived a little girl we have yet to meet!


* The summer feels mostly like a blur, I think we both must have been working because I can't remember anything too exciting happening, other than a trip to Alaska for my friend Marcia's wedding and a lot of golfing!  In August, Brett was booked for comedy in San Diego and I went along for the ride, my mom also visited us that month and we assembled the furniture for the nursery and painted! Brett also signed with new management.


* The fall was so flippin' hot I don't think I left the house! YUCK!

* In November we headed back to the midwest to see family and celebrate Thanksgiving! It was nice to be home. I was also thrown a baby shower, which was lovely!

* Christmas this year seemed pretty uneventful. I determined I was too pregnant to drag the tree out of the storage closet and decorate it, so we just didn't have one. It didn't quite feel the same. Brett ended up getting sick on Christmas Eve so we pretty much slept through the holiday. I have a feeling next year will be MUCH different!

* And of course, most recently, Veda decided to give us a little scare but we are now reassured that everything is fine with this little bug. I am no longer able to work, which I suppose is a good thing. It's so hard for me to not work, I would not make a good housewife, stay at home mom on the other hand...

I recently found a note on my phone with a list of goals for 2012, and while I accomplished NONE of them, I still feel like I had the best year of my life! I must say I was quite ambitious coming in to 2012, hoping to take/pass my CCRN exam, help with Habitat for Humanity, run a half marathon and much more...

This year my plans are a bit different. I don't have any official goals, but I would like to focus more on my family and relationships than on work and other distractions. My house will likely be a mess this year and I'm sure we will be broke for awhile, but sloooowly I'm learning these are not the most important things. When I look back on my life, I don't think I'll care if my house was a mess, instead I'll care who was in my house making memories with me. That being said, I hope to refresh my relationship with my husband over the next few weeks and get as prepared as necessary for Veda's arrival.

I hope you all have a fabulous New Year! Cheers to 2013!

No comments: