Monday, December 31, 2012

Bedrest Update

After resting up all weekend and drinking plenty of fluids, I'm feeling a lot better than I felt on Friday. I did my best to stay on 'bedrest' but it was more of a modified bedrest since I can't really just lay around and do nothing all the time. I folded a bunch of laundry, set up the baby monitor, partially packed my hospital bag (mostly out of fear that I would need it soon!), ordered some pregnancy photos for the baby book I'm working on, ordered more clothes for Veda (because she really needs more... she did need some warmer ones), and ordered some nursing bras. What I've learned is bedrest = internet shopping = no bueno!
My doctor called me this morning to see how I was feeling and to tell me to eat a good breakfast and come in a little early just in case I had to be connected to the monitor for long. So we did just that and headed into the office around 10:30 this morning.  I'm so very happy to say that Veda looked beautiful on the monitor! Her heart rate was strong and steady with no decelerations.  While she wasn't moving this morning, the doc said he was happy with it. Actually he said, "I'm not worried about you anymore," which made me really happy! 
Next up: Call him on Wednesday to update him on how I'm feeling. If all is well, I'll see him Friday, if I'm at all concerned, I'll go to the hospital Wednesday for another non-stress test. 
Thank you all for thinking of us, sending up prayers, & calling/texting me! I was pretty scared at the thought of her coming early, not because I don't want to meet her, I just want her to be well-done ;) 
I asked if I still needed to be on bedrest. He says I don't have to be on strict bedrest, just try to stay off my feet and no trips to Target or Costco (what a fun hater!). He said it's perfectly fine to go out with my husband for coffee or a movie, I don't have to be confined to the house. However, Brett is going out of town tonight to San Diego for a comedy show, so the dates will have to wait. 
Of course, I want to go back to work, but that's not an option so I'll take it easy and reconnect with my husband over the next few weeks until we become a little family of three. 
Happy New Year Everyone! Be safe!! 

No comments: