Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day 2 in Cancun



Day Two we spent a lot of time relaxing. Brett realized, "Hey I'm 30." So the Spring Break '09 quickly became a much needed R&R. I woke up at 6:30am and went down to the pool to reserve a couple of lounge chairs, then sat out on our balcony drinking coffee, reading my magazine and taking in the amazing views while Brett slept in until 8:30. We did the breakfast thing and then decided, despite Brett's horrible sunburn, to hang out at the pool, slathered in sunblock! I really wanted to utilize the swim up bar, but the pool water was freezing! It was so windy everyday, they had the red flags out and we couldn't really do any water activities... After a lot of coaxing, Brett got me into the pool to the bar. I intended to stay in the sun for only an hour, but we met a fun couple from Pennsylvania, Heidi & Eric. We ended up in the pool until 3pm, had a late lunch with them and then decided it was time for a siesta! 
KU played Michigan State that night and we were pissed because CBS doesn't exist in Mexico, but luckily ESPN2 covered it. I don't know why I said 'luckily,' I fell asleep and woke up to KU losing! Sadness... I could have just stayed in bed all night, but we had told our new friends that we'd meet them at Senor Frogs. So away we went..... 
Let me just say that when we have children, especially if they are girls, they WILL NOT be going to Cancun when they are 18! There were wet t-shirt contests, booty contests, drinking contests.... Aw Lawdy! And none of the contests have a winner so they make all of the contestants climb up a ladder and then push them down a water slide that winds through the bar and finally shoots you out into the ocean! WHAT?! 
On the way back to the hotel at 3am, we were starving and made the wrong decision to stop at Carl's Jr. There is a different kind of grease in Mexico, that's all I'm going to say! As we were walking to the bus stop, we saw about 400 Mexicans selling pizza off the back of their mopeds! Hilarious! We passed the bus stop and went to our 'sister hotel' to check out their amenities and eventually got back to our hotel room. Just in time to climb into bed to wake up at 6:30am to head to Xcaret! 

No comments: