Friday, April 3, 2009

Saturday at Xcaret!

Saturday morning we were up bright & early in order to catch our bus to Xcaret at 7:15 am. Hands down this day made our vacation! I would highly recommend visiting Xcaret next time you are in Mexico! It's an eco park and it really just is an amazing blend of nature, history, beauty & fun!Once we got to the park, Brett & I immediately headed to the underground river to do some snorkeling. It was so much fun! There were so many beautiful fish, I'd post pictures but we're not very good underwater  photographers! After the river, I think we walked about 100 miles around the park for the rest of the day. We were trying to avoid the shows during the day because we had tickets for the Espectacular show that evening.
 We did watch one show with these 
men that 'flew' from 30 meters above ground, they are sun worshippers. One of the men had to be close to 80, it was crazy!
We were able to snorkel in this little inlet, but not out in the ocean as it was... that's right, too windy to do anything! I really wanted to go Sea Trekking or Snuba but I shouldn't complain because the day was incredible! 
There were old Mayan Ruins amongst the park. It was similar to a 
zoo I guess to because there were a ton of animals. You could swim with the dolphins or sharks. I was in love with the sea turtles! I took about a millions pictures and videos!
I feel like I'm not doing Xcaret justice with my descriptions. It's just an amazing place that I think everyone should experience. 
We didn't get home until midnight! It was a long, exhausting day but so worth it!

1 comment:

Ali Johnson said...

Sounds amazing!!! I'm glad you guys had such a good time. That 1st picture of Brett is amazing... You weren't kidding when you said he turned into a lobster, huh? hahaha... poor guy!