Saturday, June 26, 2010

Friday: The fun continues

Friday morning we woke up and headed to downtown Burbank. I really wanted to take my mom to Granville for brunch because it's delish & who wouldn't want Sangria for breakfast?! But it turns out they are only open for brunch on the weekend. At my job, Friday is considered weekend...
So instead we went to Barney's Beanery. Hello world's best hash browns, please enter my tummy now! Then into Hollyweird we went. HiHo! My mom wanted to go to the wax museum, there happen to be two in H.Wood... about a block away from each other. I had coupons to Madam Tussuad's so that's where we went. We met a lot of celebrities that day, they didn't really have much to say, but still nice to have met them. Actually they really are kind of creepy. Again, wish I had pics but they're on my mom's camera for now. I distracted Tiger Woods from golf, let Robin Williams grab my boob and I grabbed Michael Jackson's crotch. All in a days work. We strolled around Hollywood for awhile, checking out the sites. I don't know if I'm gaining more tolerance or what, but I wasn't all that annoyed by the thousands of pedestrians. Then, back to Burbank.
We didn't really have a whole lot planned for Friday, but I had hinted that I wanted to clean out one of my closets and organize it a little better. I know what you're thinking, "What an amazing vacation idea!" Luckily, my mom is a good sport and gladly helped out. We went over to Target and picked up a DIY organizer thingy. We put it together and now the closet looks fantastic, only a couple bumps and bruises along the way.
Brett finally made it home from his whole Paso ordeal, thankfully since he had a show that night in Inglewood. I didn't think Inglewood would be within my mom's comfort zone, so we opted to stay home and watch a movie. Avatar! She hadn't seen it and I love it so I will watch it again & again. But first, margaritas at Don Cucos with Brett. OMG, how I love me some margaritas! We had some good talks over chips & salsa and then parted ways. Again, lame ass over here was asleep super early. I'm quite the hostess =D

No comments: