Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday: Am I in an eating contest?



So now it's Saturday on this little vacation of mine. My mom loves her a Farmer's Market and I must admit that the FMs out here are a million times bigger & better than the little one back home. We bought fresh asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, avocado, some kind of cheese and the sweetest nectarines on the planet! And my mom bought me this beautiful orchid! The guy said they're super easy to keep, we shall see!


After bumming around the Farmer's Market, we decided to head over to Pasadena. We checked out what Colorado Blvd. had to offer. It was packed! There was some sort of gigantic sidewalk chalk artist contest. I don't know how to even describe how amazing the artwork was! With Chalk! On the ground! Pretty awesome actually. We stopped at a Michael's to find a pot for my beautiful new orchid, but instead decided to go to Color Me Mine and I would paint my own! It was fun and something I've wanted to do but my boyfriend doesn't seem to think it'd be all that fun, but my mom did! Could I have just bought the $5.99 pot from Michael's? Yes. Did I instead spend $50 for a one of a kind, amazingly unique pot of my own that created a bonding experience with my mom? Yeah. And here's the final product:

I don't plan to quit my day job anytime soon.

When we got back to the apartment, mom, Brett & I watched the Book of Eli. Brett & I really liked it, mom thought it was stupid. I guess she's not a fan of the violence. I'd watch it again. We got to put our fresh veggies to use and had a pretty yummy dinner of Garlic Herb Pork Loin, Fried Potatoes with Cheese, Asparagus, Zucchini & Squash sauteed with onions and biscuits. (I know I haven't told you this yet, but I ended up gaining 5 pounds on this little vacation of ours! Weird, right? Eating a crapton & sleeping way too much...)

And then we watched more movies and crashed out early yet again!

No comments: