Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sunday: San Diego!

Sunday morning my mom and I got up bright and early, yet again and headed over to the Westminster Presbyterian Church for Sunday service. I love this church. Brett & I attended a couple of times post-wreck and haven't really made it a weekly habit, but I'd love to. It's is the cutest little church, and so California. And by that I mean, so laid back. I'm sure some (traditionalists) would probably hate it. People come in fashionably late, Starbucks in hand. The minister is wearing jeans. There is a 7(?) piece band set up in front. The music rocks! For me, it is a place to worship God comfortably. I don't feel like I have to be super quiet and introverted and dress a certain way. It's great, as was the sermon.

After church, we came home for a quick lunch and to swoop up Brett before we headed to San Diego. This would be my mom's first trip to SD. And I just knew she'd fall in love, because it's impossible not to. We checked in to the Ramada in the Gas Lamp District. Holy Old! This hotel was built in 1913 and has the original elevator! Let's just say I preferred to walk down the eight flights of stairs rather than get in that thing! The hotel had a nice little rooftop patio (it was only missing a bar!) so that we could check out the sites. After we got settled we walked around a little bit and stopped by the Yard House for drinks and dinner. Brett had a show that night in La Jolla, so Mom and I were on our own. Two Ladies loose in the city! But we stayed in because there seems to be a lot of crazies in SD and neither of us felt like dealing with them in the dark!
So the next morning we woke up, had breakfast, let Brett sleep in and we wandered around downtown SD. We made our way down Martin Luther Kind Jr. trail and to the beach, we even saw the USS Midway. We wandered around for a few hours and then woke up Brett, checked out and went to La Jolla.

La Jolla is beautiful! We got to see seals and walk down a million stairs to see this crazy cave thing. It smelled like sh*t so we didn't stay down there too long! Again, we just kind of wandered around the shore and the shops and then headed back to good 'ole LA. Made ourselves some tacos, of course because I needed to be continually eating...

No comments: