Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Mommy Came to Visit!

Hey! Long time no blog. How've you been? I feel like I should be so relaxed since I haven't worked in 11 days, but I'm not. I'm so not. I'm also so not ready to go back to work tomorrow night. But I will, mostly because I have to;)

So I know I haven't blogged for a million years, but that's because I've been working my freakin' tail off. Seriously, I no longer have a tail. Let's talk about now and then we'll recap the year thus far in another fairy tale. Since about... March(ish) I've been putting in a lot of overtime. By a lot, I mean I am required to work 3 nights (or 36 hours) a week and I've been doing 5 nights (or 60 hours) a week. Why? Well I may or may not have gone exempt too many times last year and I had to donate $2300 to our government this year after my taxes were done. Awesome. So that's that.

Moving on... my mom came to visit last week!! Oh what fun:) Here is what we did, sorry the pictures don't have faces, they are all via my iPhone until my mom posts hers on FB.

Wednesday night she flew in just in time to stop at Menchie's on the way home. All I've heard about for the last year (since her last visit) is how badly she's been craving the FroYo @ Menchie's. That was obvious by the amount she filled into her little cup! YUMMY! And then to bed, after all it was already midnight back home! She got to join me in my brand new bed (!) because Brett got himself stranded in Paso Robles for a few more days than expected. *That's a whole other story, seriously I should be writing a sitcom*

Thursday we headed over to USC so I could show off my new workplace. She's been there before, but not since I've moved into ICU. Plus I had to run an errand and we browsed the bookstore for USC souvenirs. She bought me two super cute shirts because I guilt tripped her since she didn't send me anything for nurse's week:) Bad daughter... After our pit stop at USC we went to explore downtown Los Angeles. I found this really cool website www.downtownlawalks.com I have always kind of been afraid of downtown, but this website provides multiple walks that you can go on, from Arts & Culture (the one we did) to Parks (coming soon!). So you can download maps and the coolest part, a podcast from iTunes. It tells you where to go, what to look for and a bunch of information about each site. The best part... it's FREE! So we started at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels. Absolutely beautiful. I mean "Wow!" I didn't take any photos of the inside, but it is a must see.


From there we traveled to Music Center where we were able to check out Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Mark Taper Forum and Ahmanson Theatre. The podcast says it'll take a couple of hours depending on your speed, um we were 4 hours in and only half way through the list. We had a quick bite to eat at California Pizza Kitchen and decided to call it a day. I'd love to finish that tour and complete the others someday soon, too! And I'm not even kidding when I say I was asleep by 6PM. Lame!

We actually rushed to get out of downtown because the final Lakers v. Celtics game was about to begin and I did not want, in any way, to be part of that chaos. I can't believe I didn't even watch the game though. I woke up to confetti falling from the sky and that was that. My body wasn't quite ready for days because I was then awake from 2am-5am. And then it was Friday....

No comments: