Friday, June 12, 2015

36 Weeks


HOW FAR ALONG?: 36 weeks!  This is the week Veda was born, will history repeat itself?  My doctor already told me he will not intervene unless I go over my due date... I can't imagine being pregnant for four more weeks, but I know it's a possibility.  I'm really not that uncomfortable, I can still breathe and eat.  It is very hard to bend over and it's hard to get out of a lying down position.  I'm still enjoying being a family of three and knowing how that works, a family of four is the unknown so it is a bit scary.

TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN?: I only gained 0.5-1 pound this week... thank goodness!  I bought the doctor's office donuts this morning, because I'm not going to be the only one growing! ;) 

MATERNITY CLOTHES: Yes and I've also been wearing dresses this week.  Much more comfortable than anything with a waist band!   

SLEEP?: I still sleep with a lot of interruptions to roll over.  Luckily I've always been able to fall back to sleep quickly because I turn every hour or two.  

BEST MOMENT/S THIS WEEK?:  We've just been playing a lot.  Brett and I got to squeeze a 'date night' in... he was working so I use the term loosely.  His first comedy album dropped on iTunes, go buy it! (https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/brett-riley/id998731354)  I had a doctor's appointment this morning.  He's measuring about two weeks ahead of schedule still and around 6 pounds.

WORST MOMENT THIS WEEK?: Nada.

MISS ANYTHING?:   Just being a little more flexible! 

MOVEMENT?:  He's still on the move.  I had the doctor verify that he only has two legs because he feels like an octopus.  I was reminded that in addition to his two arms and legs, he also has elbows and knees :)  He is head down and I think his butt must be near my right rib cage because occasionally I feel something poking up there.    
FOOD CRAVINGS?:  I've been wanting this bread from a local restaurant, I haven't gone to get any... but that's what I've wanted this week.  I guess I just want carbs all the time.  Last week I wanted that pretzel - I didn't cave on that one either.  It's not like I'm trying to deprive myself, trust me when I say I have not eaten healthy this pregnancy.  Last week I ordered a salad and tator tots.  Haha!

LABOR SIGNS?: Not yet.

SYMPTOMS / MOODS?:  Frequent urination, constipation, tossing and turning at night.   I've been surprised with this pregnancy that I never felt like I couldn't breathe.  Boys definitely sit lower.  

BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?:  It's out and visible through clothing, so that's sexy.  

WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: Still on, but it was hot a couple of days this week and they did get a little tight!  I couldn't even get them off, but now they're back to normal. 

LOOKING FORWARD TO...? Meeting this little dude.  Car seat is installed, all the items from our registry that we still needed are either here or being shipped.  I feel like I'm too prepared this time.  I have a calendar set up with our four contacts listed with each of their schedules so we know who to call.  Bag is still packed, I've gone through it with Brett so he's on the same page.  Let's hope everything goes smoothly.

No comments: